Digital Print Solutions is looking for a Operations Manager to join our team in Richfield, Ohio.
Summary: The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the company’s warehousing, logistics, safety initiatives, and inventory control; and for managing, mentoring, and training the company’s warehouse and logistics staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Warehouse management
- Ensure all warehouses and warehouse staff follow standard operating procedures.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for warehouse staff.
- Coordinate recurring training for warehouse staff as needed.
- Utilize local managers to complete tasks as needed.
- Manage warehouse staff in GMS payroll system.
- Inventory control – Ensure accurate tracking of inventory in DPS warehouses.
- Logistics management
- Oversee DPS’ logistics and shipping operations.
- Ensure all branches follow standard procedures in areas including but not limited to scheduling, paperwork, recordkeeping, and equipment handling.
- Manage logistics coordinator(s) in their role(s) and assign duties as needed.
- File and monitor freight claims to completion.
- Safety management
- Ensure proper safety procedures and OSHA standards are followed in all company operations and warehouses.
- Schedule training and reviews as needed and manage certifications for staff.
- Ensure all DOT inspections, driver physicals, and related items are up to date.
- Delegate tasks to local managers as needed.
- Recruit candidates for warehouse and delivery positions.
- Fleet management
- Manage maintenance for all company cars and trucks.
- Implement and maintain a driver safety program using Quartix vehicle tracking and other tools.
- Maintain driver assignments and vehicle information on Enterprise Fleet Management website.
- Order fuel cards and set up drivers on WEX website.
- Manage Quartix vehicle tracking system and update as needed.
- Communicate with insurance companies for claims and repairs.
- Delegate tasks as needed.
- Facility maintenance
- Serve as the primary contact for repairs and maintenance items for all DPS facilities.
- Work with contractors and negotiate with them as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Communication: The ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Management: The ability to optimize team performance and to motivate and develop team members
- Time Management: Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently. Values time. Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities. Gets more done in less time than others. Can attend to a broader range of activities.
- Work Quality: Consistently achieves desired outcomes with a minimum of avoidable errors and problems.
Job Type: Full-time
- Competitive salary (base salary + commission)
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) plan
- Holiday and Vacation pay